Direct Care Staff Positions
- Full-time, second shift
- Full-time, third shift
- 24-hour sleepover shift
- Mon – Fri, 6:00 – 10:00 am, part-time
- varying shifts as part-time relief
- Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 am – 9:00 pm, part-time
See below for a description of the staff position at WNC Group Homes.
WNC Group Homes provides a competitive hourly wage as well as benefits including paid time off, and short term disability, health and dental insurance.
NOTE: Applicants must have a High School diploma (GED is not acceptable) and two years experience, or an Associate or Bachelors degree.
Please download and read this “Letter to Applicants.”
Send your resume and initial application to email@example.com or
WNC Group Homes
28 Pisgah View Avenue
Asheville, NC 28803
To be eligible for employment you will need:
- High School diploma and two years experience
- valid driver’s license with 3 years driving experience and no DUI or reckless driving in last 3 years
- no felony convictions in past 5 years
- pass drug test
Each group home has a specific staffing pattern designed to meet the needs of the five to six residents who live there.
- The third shift staff remain awake during the shift to monitor and help residents who may need assistance. For this shift there are either one or two staff on duty.
- The first shift staff arrive at the group home between 6:00 and 7:00 am to assist the residents in preparing for their day.
- The second shift staff generally work between 2:30 pm and 11:00 pm. All positions have specific and predictable work days.
- Summer Program – The younger residents attend school during the school year and in the summer participate in WNC Group Homes’ Summer Program. These staff positions are filled from the end of May through the start of school in August.
House Managers and Qs provide training and supervision as well as overall management of the group home.
The overall function of the resident teacher (RT) is to provide planned and spontaneous learning opportunities for residents, supporting them in becoming as independent as possible.
While there is not an expectation for full independence, each resident deserves the opportunity to learn and to build his or her self esteem. We fully believe everybody has the capacity to learn and grow – and we play a big role in that process.
Staff are required to teach residents skills essential for daily living, work with residents through challenging behaviors and do light housekeeping. Staff remain actively engaged while being generally assigned to work with two residents each shift. Most residents have daily outings – whether for exercise, an earned reward or just for fun!
It may be cliché to say “this will be the hardest job you will ever love,” and so much of the time it is true. Applicants should consider this a challenging job which comes with amazing rewards. Every day the group home staff makes a difference in the lives of the people with whom they work.
<div style=”height: 800px; max-width: calc(100% – 25px); padding-left: 20px; width: 650px; -webkit-overflow-scrolling:touch;”><iframe src=”https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/jobs&clientkey=E82ED5CCD292E338F4824CB2F3573288″ style=”width: 100%; height: 100%; border: none;”></iframe></div>